You are able to include complete details about your event, including an interactive map as well as YouTube videos.
Swimming around an island: a spectacular challenge! From the Mallorca coast, full of light and life, to the dark side of the Cap de Llebeig where the Mediterranean Sea reveals its strength. It’s a long, dark crossing, fringing dizzying cliffs and impressive depths. The breathing of the kayakists and the people following in the boats shows us the light. After surrounding The Cap de Tramontana the sea is shallow again and we‘ll get closer to the Port de Sa Dragonera, where we will have started this 9,500m crossing. We also organise every year a shorter version of 3.200m.
Long route 9.500 m
Short Route 3.200 m
Alternative A in bad weather conditions - 5.000 m
Alternative B in bad weather conditions - 5.100 m
Accomodation and transfers
All swimmers and friends or relatives who want to come to the 4th Sa Dragonera crossing will be offered two kinds of packs. Both are adjustable to everybody’s travel plan and have to be booked sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pack Transfers + 1 night: includes all the transfers and one night at the Apartaments Villa Real** sharing a room (the night from Saturday to Sunday) .
- Pack Transfers + 2 nights: includes all the transfers and two nights at the Apartaments Villa Real** sharing a room (the nights from Friday to Sunday).
In case you don’t want to share a room, please consult at email@example.com
- Swimmers transfers. Swimmers will be transferred to Sa Dragonera by motorboat, parting from the Sant Elm beach from 7.30 am onwards.
- Relatives and friends. The organisation will provide sailboats to all friends and relatives who would like to follow the crossing. The boats too will sail around the beautiful island. They will also part from the Sant Elm beach and start following the swimmers as soon as all of them have parted from Sa Dragonera. They will go back to the Sa Dragonera port before the first swimmer gets there, so everybody will be able to see the arrival of all of them.
- Insurances. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing for the swimmers the day before the crossing, Saturday May 31st, at 7pm, at the Andratx Yacht Club.
- Local information. At the briefing the organisation will also provide information about several activities (cultural visits, excursions to the Sa Dragonera Natural Park and other areas in the neighbourhood) to all the people who would like to spend the weekend there.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service at the start and arrival area.
- Food and drink supplies. The organisation will supply, at specific places, food and drinks during and after the event.
- Security / Medical Service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. There will be a medical service and an ambulance at the Sant Elm beach.
- Closure Lunch. The final event of the weekend will be a lunch prepared by our friend, the Majorcan chef Germán Navas. Last year he prepared us a delicious “fideuà” and this year he will surprise us with a “pica-pica” and a paella. Lunch will be at the Andratx Yacht Club at 3pm.
31. Möhnesee Langstrecken- und Flossenschwimmen
der DLRG Ortsgruppe Soest e.V.
am 1. Mai 2013
an der Wachstation Möhnesee-Wamel
Liebe Freundinnen und Freunde,
auch im Jahr 2013 möchten wir Euch herzlich einladen, Euch wieder ins kalte Wasser des Möhnesees zu stürzen oder den mutigen Schwimmern dabei zuzuschauen – dieses Jahr sogar mit einem Jubiläum: Wir feiern den 30. Start des Soester DLRG Langstrecken- und Flossenschwimmens. Für das leibliche Wohl während der Veranstaltung ist, wie immer, gegen einenkleinen Unkostenbeitrag gesorgt.
Mit sportlichen Gruß
<tt>Der Vorstand der DLRG Ortsgruppe Soest e.V.</tt>
Die Strecken über 500m, 1000m und 1500m führen über einen Rundkurs, bei dem der Start- und Zielpunkt sich jeweils direkt vor der Wachstation befinden. Durch die kurze 500m-Strecke ist der Wettkampf nun auch für Jugendliche interessant, die sich erstmalig an einer Freigewässerstrecker versuchen möchten.
Alles weitere zum Wettkampf findet Ihr in der Ausschreibung.
We are proud to launch the Fiji Pearls swim - the first major open water ocean swim event in Fiji’s north. The event is sponsored by J. Hunter Pearls, Fiji’s major producer of premium quality Fiji pearls, based in Savusavu, who are giving the winners' prizes of beautiful Fiji pearls. Accommodation is with the organizers at Daku Resort.
Fiji’s clear warm waters offer a beautiful environment in which to swim. We are offering two long-distance swims with an easy short swim on the day between. We hope you’ll participate in all three, but you are free to choose just one if you prefer.
Wednesday May 29 : 10 km (6.2 miles) 8.30am
From Daku Resort beach to Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort jetty and back (high tide 10.30 so swimmers will swim with rising tide on first leg and falling tide on return)
Thursday May 30: 2 km (1.24 miles) 9.30 am
From J Hunter Pearls farm platform to Daku Resort (high tide 11.30 so swimmers will swim with rising tide)
Friday May 31 : 5 km (3.1 miles) 10.30. am
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort jetty to Daku Resort beach (high tide 12.30 so swimmer will swim with rising tide)
CONTACT US AT DAKU RESORT FOR BOOKING ENQUIRIES
The swim between Daku Resort and Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort runs in a straight line along the coast. It follows the last sweep of Savusavu Bay which is protected from the south easterly trade winds that can sometimes make the sea choppy on the other side of the peninsula. The water is warm and clear. There are coral heads from time to time although they are closer in to the shore line than the swim route. We pass two groups of oyster pearl lines belonging to the J Hunter Pearl farm on the way.
The 5k swim will run from the beach at Daku Resort to the jetty at Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort. The 10k swim runs the same course, and then turns back to return to Daku Resort.
The 2k swim on the day between will start at the Fiji Pearls farming platform which is anchored between the two resorts, and once again runs back up along the coastline to Daku Resort.
We are also offering a two day swim safari on the weekend after the swims.
Warrington Dolphins LDSC Budworth Mere (Nr. Northwich, Cheshire) 1, 2 & 3 miles. Novice/Veterans/Senior/Junior. Freestyle/Breaststroke. Contact: Mrs Michaela Richard . Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Run under BLDSA rules)Start: 9.45am
FRESH WATER RELAY
Date: Sat 31st, May 2014
Start time: 17.00h.
Place: 4x500m starting and finishing at Playa del Marqués.
Swimmers under 15 can swim this event.
Description: This will be one of the funnest events of the week with teams racing a 500m course over 4 laps. There will be 4 competitions in one, with a family relay winner, a female relay winner, a male relay winner and a mixed relay winner. Your team has to be made up of a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 4. Any one person can only swim a maximum of 2 legs in the relay.
Entry fee: 45 euros per team – 30 euros entries before 1st of January.
Prizes for this event:
Prizes will be published here soon.
Salty Sea Dog Long Swim 31st May 2014
The event will be held at Boscombe beach and is a real must for any one looking for a slightly more challenging open water swim.
- Watch Video
- Enter Online Now
Event Salty Sea Dog Long Swims
Both swim races at the Bournemouth Long swim will be beach starts between the start flags. The course will be marked by large inflatable marker buoys and a large course map will clearly indicate each course. The course layout is subject to change due to weather conditions. The course takes swimmers approx 400 meters from the coast and gives a sense of real 'adventure'.
Latest weather forecasts will be linked to this page as the event date approaches. Any change of plan will be communicated via this web page and by email to all entered participants.
Facilities at the venue