You are able to include complete details about your event, including an interactive map as well as YouTube videos.
Swimming around an island: a spectacular challenge! From the Mallorca coast, full of light and life, to the dark side of the Cap de Llebeig where the Mediterranean Sea reveals its strength. It’s a long, dark crossing, fringing dizzying cliffs and impressive depths. The breathing of the kayakists and the people following in the boats shows us the light. After surrounding The Cap de Tramontana the sea is shallow again and we‘ll get closer to the Port de Sa Dragonera, where we will have started this 9,500m crossing. We also organise every year a shorter version of 3.200m.
Long route 9.500 m
Short Route 3.200 m
Alternative A in bad weather conditions - 5.000 m
Alternative B in bad weather conditions - 5.100 m
Accomodation and transfers
All swimmers and friends or relatives who want to come to the 4th Sa Dragonera crossing will be offered two kinds of packs. Both are adjustable to everybody’s travel plan and have to be booked sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Pack Transfers + 1 night: includes all the transfers and one night at the Apartaments Villa Real** sharing a room (the night from Saturday to Sunday) .
- Pack Transfers + 2 nights: includes all the transfers and two nights at the Apartaments Villa Real** sharing a room (the nights from Friday to Sunday).
In case you don’t want to share a room, please consult at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swimmers transfers. Swimmers will be transferred to Sa Dragonera by motorboat, parting from the Sant Elm beach from 7.30 am onwards.
- Relatives and friends. The organisation will provide sailboats to all friends and relatives who would like to follow the crossing. The boats too will sail around the beautiful island. They will also part from the Sant Elm beach and start following the swimmers as soon as all of them have parted from Sa Dragonera. They will go back to the Sa Dragonera port before the first swimmer gets there, so everybody will be able to see the arrival of all of them.
- Insurances. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing for the swimmers the day before the crossing, Saturday May 31st, at 7pm, at the Andratx Yacht Club.
- Local information. At the briefing the organisation will also provide information about several activities (cultural visits, excursions to the Sa Dragonera Natural Park and other areas in the neighbourhood) to all the people who would like to spend the weekend there.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service at the start and arrival area.
- Food and drink supplies. The organisation will supply, at specific places, food and drinks during and after the event.
- Security / Medical Service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. There will be a medical service and an ambulance at the Sant Elm beach.
- Closure Lunch. The final event of the weekend will be a lunch prepared by our friend, the Majorcan chef Germán Navas. Last year he prepared us a delicious “fideuà” and this year he will surprise us with a “pica-pica” and a paella. Lunch will be at the Andratx Yacht Club at 3pm.
31. Möhnesee Langstrecken- und Flossenschwimmen
der DLRG Ortsgruppe Soest e.V.
am 1. Mai 2013
an der Wachstation Möhnesee-Wamel
Liebe Freundinnen und Freunde,
auch im Jahr 2013 möchten wir Euch herzlich einladen, Euch wieder ins kalte Wasser des Möhnesees zu stürzen oder den mutigen Schwimmern dabei zuzuschauen – dieses Jahr sogar mit einem Jubiläum: Wir feiern den 30. Start des Soester DLRG Langstrecken- und Flossenschwimmens. Für das leibliche Wohl während der Veranstaltung ist, wie immer, gegen einenkleinen Unkostenbeitrag gesorgt.
Mit sportlichen Gruß
<tt>Der Vorstand der DLRG Ortsgruppe Soest e.V.</tt>
Die Strecken über 500m, 1000m und 1500m führen über einen Rundkurs, bei dem der Start- und Zielpunkt sich jeweils direkt vor der Wachstation befinden. Durch die kurze 500m-Strecke ist der Wettkampf nun auch für Jugendliche interessant, die sich erstmalig an einer Freigewässerstrecker versuchen möchten.
Alles weitere zum Wettkampf findet Ihr in der Ausschreibung.
We are proud to launch the Fiji Pearls swim - the first major open water ocean swim event in Fiji’s north. The event is sponsored by J. Hunter Pearls, Fiji’s major producer of premium quality Fiji pearls, based in Savusavu, who are giving the winners' prizes of beautiful Fiji pearls. Accommodation is with the organizers at Daku Resort.
Fiji’s clear warm waters offer a beautiful environment in which to swim. We are offering two long-distance swims with an easy short swim on the day between. We hope you’ll participate in all three, but you are free to choose just one if you prefer.
Wednesday May 29 : 10 km (6.2 miles) 8.30am
From Daku Resort beach to Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort jetty and back (high tide 10.30 so swimmers will swim with rising tide on first leg and falling tide on return)
Thursday May 30: 2 km (1.24 miles) 9.30 am
From J Hunter Pearls farm platform to Daku Resort (high tide 11.30 so swimmers will swim with rising tide)
Friday May 31 : 5 km (3.1 miles) 10.30. am
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort jetty to Daku Resort beach (high tide 12.30 so swimmer will swim with rising tide)
CONTACT US AT DAKU RESORT FOR BOOKING ENQUIRIES
The swim between Daku Resort and Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort runs in a straight line along the coast. It follows the last sweep of Savusavu Bay which is protected from the south easterly trade winds that can sometimes make the sea choppy on the other side of the peninsula. The water is warm and clear. There are coral heads from time to time although they are closer in to the shore line than the swim route. We pass two groups of oyster pearl lines belonging to the J Hunter Pearl farm on the way.
The 5k swim will run from the beach at Daku Resort to the jetty at Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort. The 10k swim runs the same course, and then turns back to return to Daku Resort.
The 2k swim on the day between will start at the Fiji Pearls farming platform which is anchored between the two resorts, and once again runs back up along the coastline to Daku Resort.
We are also offering a two day swim safari on the weekend after the swims.
ES CARBO ITALIAN VOLCANO RACE
Date: Friday 30, May 2014
Start time: 10,00am (please note, as this is a virgin beach there is a 20 minute walk to the start point)
Place: Es Carbo beach to Colonia Sant Jordi port beach
Description: This is the “sprint” race in the Colonia Classics series and starts at the stunning Es Carbo beach a 20 minute walk from the port of Colonia Sant Jordi. The walk alongside the protected Sa Vall finca will be part of your warm up as you get ready to race back past a series of small islands and over fascinating sites such as broken roman pottery. You’ll also race through a short section of cooler water where an underground stream enters the sea water. Keep an eye out on the Es Carbo (Carbon or coal) beach for small black volcanic rocks swept to the beach by sea currents from Italy.
Competition: Race 3 from the “Mallorca Classics”. Open, Masters (over 40), Junior (under 18) male and female. For more information and exact rules on the competition click here.
Entry fee: 30 euros – 20 euros entries before 1st of January.
Prizes for this event:
See prizes for Colonia Classics events.
The prizes will be published here soon.
Swim The Costa Brava aims at becoming the meeting point for all the open water swimmers at national as well as international level.
We understand that certain trends have changed and so have the concerns of thousands of followers and sportsmen enthusiasts of open water swimming. The first stage (Swim the Costa Brava) within the European Open Water Swimming Championship is born precisely out of the desire to address these changes and to honour this sports disicpline.
Race: Swim the Costa brava
Location: Cala Montgó, l’Escala (Spain)
Dates: 21st and 22nd of September 2013
Distances: 1.5 km / 3.5 km / 6.o km
Limited number of participants: 300
This event qualifies for the PROSwim Challenge.
You can either fly to Barcelona International Airport, called Barcelona El Prat airport or to the Girona/Costa Brava airport. May we remind you that transfers are provided from/to Barcelona and Girona Airports for those participants booking our ACCOMMODATION + TRANSFER package.
This event is running from 30 May 2014 until 30 May 2014. It is next occurring on 30 May 2014 10:00 pm.
30th May 22:00 Night Swim 750m
This Years 1st night Swim
Night swim 750m Swim, (1 lap of 750m triangular GWR course). This is not a race and designed for people to experience the excitement of swimming in the darkness of night. Registration will take place at lake side and will close at 21:30 for start at 22:00. There is an age restriction of 16 years and under, unless the swimmer is known to be a competent swimmer by the organisers. This is a buddy swim, therefore an experienced swimmer must buddy with a less experienced swimmer, to ensure safety at all times. There will be boat and canoe cover at this event along with glow-sticks.
Description — Austin's signature open water swimming event — A 2,000+ meter open-water course — the only downhill swimming race in Texas.
Join us for fun, health & fitness, to promote clean water & water conservation, to promote open water swimming, and to raise money to fight Prostate Cancer. Entrants race, some swim leisurely, all enjoy the beauty and uniqueness of this lush and gorgeous wooded setting in the middle of Austin, Texas!
Date — May 4, 2013
Race Start: 10:30a
Picnic, Music & Awards: 11:30a-1:00p
Divisions — Masters • Youth • Wetsuit • High School
Benefiting Charity — Us TOO International. 100% of all donations go for Prostate Cancer Support, Education, Awareness & Advocacy.
Spectating — View the entire swim, start to finish, from the MoPac Pedestrian Bridge or enjoy the ride and birds-eye view on the Howdy Honda Cap 2k Cruise on Capital Cruises double-decker paddlewheel boat. See race site for details & sign-up.
Post-Race Picnic Lunch, Music & Awards: — Howdy Honda Cap 2k finishers & friends celebrate with post-race picnic at Eiler’s Park. Free lunch for participants. Awards ceremony, & live music by Austin’s locals. Guest lunch may be prepaid online. First come.
Howdy Honda Cap 2k finishers & friends celebrate with post-race picnic at Eiler’s Park. Free lunch for participants. Awards ceremony, & live music by Austin’s locals. Guest lunch, while available, may be prepaid online at http://www.cap2k.com.