You are able to include complete details about your event, including an interactive map as well as YouTube videos.
Swimming around the Medes Islands is spectacular. Every year Neda el Món organises a challenging crossing in a spectacular surrounding, the protected area of the Medes Islands. Since 2011 the crossing starts at the small Estartit beach, we swim between the big and the small Meda Island and finish again at the small Estartit beach. Altogether 5,200m . There is also a shorter version of 3,400m.
- Accomodation. The Panorama Hotel is the official hotel of the event. If when booking you tell them Neda el Món has sent you, you will get a double room with breakfast for 2 people for only 75€. For booking please call 972 751 092 or go to email@example.com.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món.
- Insurances. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing for the swimmers at the Panorama Hotel on Saturday November 1st at 7pm. Neda el Món will also provide information about the Montgrí Natural Park, the Medes Islands and the Baix Ter river.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service for all participants at the arrival area.
- Food and drinks. Neda el Món will supply food and drinks at specific points during the crossing. At the arrival, all participants will be offered food and drinks too.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from “El Quinto Meta”.
- Wetsuit cleaning. While you recover from the effort you can clean your wetsuit at the Estartit Yacht Club.
- Showers: The swimmers can get a shower at the Estartit Yacht Club.
- Security/medical service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. In addition there will be a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.
- Closure lunch. To finish the weekend in a pleasant way, Hotel Panorama will offer a closure lunch, a buffet consisting of 18 starters and 9 main dishes. It will start on Sunday at 1.30pm. Price is 13,5€ for adults and 9€ for children under 11, to be paid at the hotel reception on the same Sunday.
Very special element you can find in this event, “Swimcap Zero”. For those who want to collaborate with the charity of TV3 Marathon, you can buy for only € 20 the swimcap of the TV3 Marathon here. 100% of income “Swimcap Zero” will be credited automatically to the account of the TV3 Marathon.
Lake Eland Mile Open Water Swim takes place each year on the first sunday of November , the next event will take place in the Lake at the Lake Eland Game Reserve, in Kwazulu Natal South coast of South Africa on the 3rd of November 2013. For a truly wild swim experience this is an event not to be missed. Set in the bush amongst wild animals the lake is a draw card for swimmers from all over the world as the location although in the bush is also only 35km away from the beach in the closest town of port Shepstone. The events offered include 500m / mile events and 3000m event which is a SSA qualifying event. The Lake Eland mile sees swimmers from ages 6 – 76 enter the event each year, an activity the entire family can join in for. Cash prizes and Gold Silver and Bronze medals are won each year over 29 different categories and all swimmers receive finishing medals. Although many stands is available for browsing on the day including food stalls, the Reserve allow visitors to bring in their own drinks, gas braais and food should they not wish to purchase food at the venue. Fees for 2013 ranges from R85 per swimmer for team events to R260 (including towels and depending on date of entry) many fee structures are offered in between and largely depend on the date entered, whether a towel is ordered and whether discount applies. Lake Eland Mile offers discounts on entries in 2013, should a swimmer swim more than one event discounts are given and should a swimmer be a pensioner 20% discount on entry fees are offered. Entries in 2013 can be done online at http://www.lakeeland.margateswimmingclub.co.za loads of info can also be accessed on the Lake Eland Mile section of the Margate Swimming Club website, who is the host of this annual event. Click top links for more info on directions, accommodation, entry procedures, maps and don’t forget the Pre-Entry Prize draw for a holiday on offer for a family of 4 if you enter before 30 September 2013. Bring the whole family, make it a fun day out or a weekend trip or incorporate it in a week’s holiday, very rare you find the bush and beach within a radius of 40km from each other. Truly an event not to be missed!
We will be hosting our third open water event on Sunday November 2nd 2014.
We have three swim events: 1.5km swim, 5 km swim and a Just for Fun 1.5 km swim (swim aids allowed).
Prizes for swim events include airline tickets, hotel stays, dining vouchers, tickets to Barbados attractions, complimentary day cruises, electronics & more.
Following the swims we have Stand Up paddle board team relay races and Kayak team relay races. Food and Drink on sale all day.
Music and DJ.
In 2013 a donation was made to “Variety the Children’s Charity of Barbados” from funds raised at the event.
Swim The Costa Brava aims at becoming the meeting point for all the open water swimmers at national as well as international level.
We understand that certain trends have changed and so have the concerns of thousands of followers and sportsmen enthusiasts of open water swimming. The first stage (Swim the Costa Brava) within the European Open Water Swimming Championship is born precisely out of the desire to address these changes and to honour this sports disicpline.
Race: Swim the Costa brava
Location: Cala Montgó, l’Escala (Spain)
Dates: 21st and 22nd of September 2013
Distances: 1.5 km / 3.5 km / 6.o km
Limited number of participants: 300
This event qualifies for the PROSwim Challenge.
You can either fly to Barcelona International Airport, called Barcelona El Prat airport or to the Girona/Costa Brava airport. May we remind you that transfers are provided from/to Barcelona and Girona Airports for those participants booking our ACCOMMODATION + TRANSFER package.
Friday, 14 November, 2014 (All day) – Saturday, 15 November, 2014 (All day)
9. 24-Stunden-Schwimmen im Sport- und Freizeitbad CaLevornia am 15./16. November 2013. Für Schwimmer von jung bis alt, von Anfänger bis Profi, alleine oder als Gruppe.
Officially England’s second cleanest open water, Capernwray Dive Centre has amazing crystal clear waters for swimmers and divers to enjoy.