You are able to include complete details about your event, including an interactive map as well as YouTube videos.
The German Swimming Association plans the German championships in open water swimming from 03 to 06 July 2014 in Hamburg (Dove Elbe) to perform.
You will find in the same place instead of where on 17 and 18th August 2013, the European Cup final of the open water swimmers will take place in Hamburg.
Host is the Hamburger Swimming Association!
We appreciate your taking note of the appointment.
1 x lap 750m swim
2 x lap 1500m swim
3 x lap 2250m swim
4 x lap 3000m swim
5 x lap 3750m swim
SwimBarcelona enables us to view Barcelona's skyline from a different, special side: from the sea. It allows us to see the city and its coastline in an original way. The 5700m, from the Barceloneta beach to the Fòrum Park, will offer us breath-taking views of new and old icons of the city, starting at the W Hotel and finishing at the Forum's Solar Panel, passing in front of the Olympic Village, the Gas Building, the Agbar Tower, the Sagrada Familia and the Diagonal Mar district. And at the background, Collserola and the Tibidabo. A big open water feast. Since 2012 we also organise a shorter passage, 3600m, starting at the Nova Icària beach and arriving at the Fòrum Park.
Long route 5.700 metres
Short route 3.600 metres
- Insurance. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing for the swimmers the day before the event, Saturday July 5th at 7'00 pm, at the Sailing International Centre building at the Fòrum Park.
- Local activities. If you spend the weekend in Barcelona, Neda el Món will provide you with information about activities, cultural visits, excursions in and around Barcelona, etc.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món.
- Transfer. All participants will be transferred by bus from the Fòrum Port to the Sant Sebastià beach.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service at the arrival zone.
- Food and drink supplies. During the event and after the event the organisation will provide food and drink supplies at the stipulated places.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from El Quinto Meta.
- Wetsuit cleaning. While you recover from the effort, you can clean and dry your wetsuit at the International Sail Centre of the Port Fòrum arrival.
- Security / Medical service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. In addition there will be a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.
- Accomodation. If you want to stay over the night at Barcelona, our collaborators fro www.traveltriathlon.com will take care of your accomodation as you deserve.
A charity event
Neda el Món, also with CET10 and CEM Maresme, spends 3% of revenue in the registrations of SwimBarcelona - Nedem Plegats for solidarity actions.
In this case, the entity that will receive this amount is "No child in the world without sports," a CET10 project working for children, making reaching the benefits of sport for all children.