You are able to include complete details about your event, including an interactive map as well as YouTube videos.
In search of a unique open water swim challenge in Arizona, the four reservoirs on the Salt River provide that unique opportunity. If Jack Kerouac wrote a story about the Dharma Bums swimming from dam to dam across a series of lakes in the rugged desert wild, this may have been the inspiration. The brainchild of Mesa, Arizona attorney Kent Nicholas, S.C.A.R. stands for Saguaro, Canyon, Apache and Roosevelt lakes. It's "a bit of a rogue swim" because there were no permits, licenses, insurance, coast guard support, law enforcement approval, or any other "permission" sought from anyone. They hiked, boated, swam, laughed and swam again without letting the obstacles and hurdles of modern life prevent them from swimming more than 40 miles in a beautiful environment.
The Trust Ashburton 200m gives junior swimmers a have-a-go event. Trialthletes and more experienced recreational and competitive swimmers have a range of events to take part in from 800m through to the Jennian Homes 10km.
For those looking forward to the State New Zealand Open Water Championships or Ironman trialthlons the 5 and 10km events provide perfect preparation.
Come on, register now and be part of it
Son dos pruebas distintas que se desarrollan en conjunto. Una competitiva de 3200 metros, con premiacíon a los tres primeros lugares en varones y mujeres de la general, y premiacíon a los tres primeros de cada categoría en varones y mujeres, además de medallas finisher para todos los participantes que completen el recorrido. Una prueba participativa de 1600 metros, con medallas finisher para todos los participantes que completen el recorrido. Ambas pruebas son de carácter amateur y comprenden edades desde los 14 años en adelante y con categorías cada 5 años.
They are two different tests that are developed together. A competitive 3200 meters, with awards to the top three spots in men and women overall, and awards to the top three in each category in men and women and finisher medals for all participants who complete the course. Participatory Proof 1600 meters, with finisher medals to all participants who complete the course. Both tests are amateur in nature and include ages from age 14 onwards and categories every five years.
Swimming 3,000m in a lake is impressive. The Siurana Lake is surrounded by spectacular sceneries of the Montsant Range. It’s near Prades, a wine land, olive oil land and hazelnut bushes. It’s an ideal event to bring your friends and relatives: they can follow the crossing by kayaks they can rent at the Canoekayak Club.
Prades Siurana, 3,000m
- Prades excursion. We’ve prepared a (free) two hours excursion, in the Prades Mountains. It will be on Saturday April 26th, the day before the 4th Prades Siurana Crossing. It is meant to be done by the whole family, no age limits. We’ll come together at 4.30pm at the PradesTown Hall.
- Closure lunch: After the 4th Prades Siurana Crossing there will be a closure lunch at the Prades “Centre Cívic”. We will have salads as a starter and paella as a main course. You can buy your tickets in the website www.nedaelmon.com
- Insurances: All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Wetsuit rental: You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món.
- Physiotherapy: On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from “El Quinto Meta”.
- Cloakroom service: There will be a cloakroom service at the Siurana Lake pier.
- Showers and changing rooms: Anybody can have a shower at the Prades Sports Centre.
- Friends and relatives: They can follow the crossing either walking the 6km surrounding the lake, or riding their mountain bikes. They can also rent kayaks and follow their swimmer by kayak (12€ one hour or 17€ for two hours).
- Security/medical service: In first place the kayaks will provide security. In addition there will be a medical service and an ambulance at the arrival.
- Accommodation. If you want to stay at Prades, click on our colaborators www.traveltriathlon.com will take care of you.
Description — Austin's signature open water swimming event — A 2,000+ meter open-water course — the only downhill swimming race in Texas.
Join us for fun, health & fitness, to promote clean water & water conservation, to promote open water swimming, and to raise money to fight Prostate Cancer. Entrants race, some swim leisurely, all enjoy the beauty and uniqueness of this lush and gorgeous wooded setting in the middle of Austin, Texas!
Date — May 4, 2013
Race Start: 10:30a
Picnic, Music & Awards: 11:30a-1:00p
Divisions — Masters • Youth • Wetsuit • High School
Benefiting Charity — Us TOO International. 100% of all donations go for Prostate Cancer Support, Education, Awareness & Advocacy.
Spectating — View the entire swim, start to finish, from the MoPac Pedestrian Bridge or enjoy the ride and birds-eye view on the Howdy Honda Cap 2k Cruise on Capital Cruises double-decker paddlewheel boat. See race site for details & sign-up.
Post-Race Picnic Lunch, Music & Awards: — Howdy Honda Cap 2k finishers & friends celebrate with post-race picnic at Eiler’s Park. Free lunch for participants. Awards ceremony, & live music by Austin’s locals. Guest lunch may be prepaid online. First come.
Howdy Honda Cap 2k finishers & friends celebrate with post-race picnic at Eiler’s Park. Free lunch for participants. Awards ceremony, & live music by Austin’s locals. Guest lunch, while available, may be prepaid online at http://www.cap2k.com.
The Ben Hair Open Water Race meet features a range of opportunities with race distances from 500m up to 5k, a large block of camping area at the race site (as well as many other lodging options, see below), and an open water clinic for both coaches and swimmers. In an effort to enhance the team aspect of this event we are including team scoring and a new event - the Team Time Trial (also know as the "Team Pursuit"). The result is a meet that can provide the athlete with a range of team-oriented, challenging, and motivating events.
Featuring the 2013 USMS 10k National Open Water Championship, a 5k and 1 mile open water swim races, Saturday May 18th 2013 just outside of Fabulous Las Vegas. As the sun rises, a gorgeous mountain backdrop greets you, a sight you will never forget. Take on some of the fastest swimmers in the country, or challenge yourself to your best race. Each finisher will be greeted with an award, a cupcake and a post race massage! Please note: The 10K national championship is for members of USMS or FINA. You do not need to qualify for this event. All swimmers must adhere to USMS rules and regualtions. Please visit the website for details.
Swim Across America (SAA), a national non-profit organization dedicated to raising money for cancer research, prevention and treatment is set to host its third annual Dallas events June 7-8, 2013. The much anticipated fundraisers will benefit the InnovativeClinicalTrialsCenter at the BaylorCharlesA.SammonsCancerCenter in Dallas, the largest outpatient cancer center in North Texas dedicated to cancer care, research and education.
A new, spectacular Neda el Món activity!! Holidays and open waters… Neda el Món holidays!! If you book for this activity you will be able to admire the breathtaking views of the Maddalena Isles at Sardinia (Italy) while doing something you like most: Swimming!! Swimming around three beautiful isles: Isola Soffi (3.2km), Isola Santa Maria (6.7km) and Isola Spargi (8.3km). Your two nights’ accommodation will be on some spectacular Sardinian sailboats that will also follow the crossings. The experience of your life!!
Day 21, Isola Soffi (3,2km)
Day 22, Isola Sta. Maria (6,7km)
Day 23, Isola Spargi (8,3km)
The SwimHolidays Maddalena pack will be 870€/pax, for the swimmers as well as for the people who go with them. It includes the journey from Barcelona, the transfers to Palau (Sardinia), three nights’ accommodation and all the meals except dinners.
- The journey from Barcelona to Porto Torres (Sardinia) will be by ferry. We will leave Friday night, 20th June, and come back Tuesday 24th June (daytime). In case you prefer leaving from another place Neda el Món will consider other possible options.
- Transfers to Palau (Sardinia) by bus from Porto Torres (where the Barcelona ferry arrives).
- Accommodation: The first night will be on the Barcelona Sardinia ferry, the second and third nights on the sailboats hired by Neda el Món, and the fourth will be the transfer to Porto Torres. There will be double rooms, on the ferry as well as on the sailboats. NO single rooms.
- Meals: During the three crossing days breakfasts and lunches will be offered on the sailboats.
- Swims: There will be three swims, surrounding three of the Maddalena archipelago isles. Swimmers will be accompanied by sailboats, motorboats and kayaks.
- Medical service: The sailboats will dispose of the necessary medical service in case a swimmer might need it.
- Insurance: All swimmers will have a Liability Insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Present: All swimmers will receive a souvenir and a swim cap