Swimming around an island: a spectacular challenge! From the Mallorca coast, full of light and life, to the dark side of the Cap de Llebeig where the Mediterranean Sea reveals its strength. It’s a long, dark crossing, fringing dizzying cliffs and impressive depths. The breathing of the kayakists and the people following in the boats shows us the light. After surrounding The Cap de Tramontana the sea is shallow again and we‘ll get closer to the Port de Sa Dragonera, where we will have started this 9,500m crossing. We also organise every year a shorter version of 3.200m.
Long route 9.500 m
Short Route 3.200 m
Alternative A in bad weather conditions - 5.000 m
Alternative B in bad weather conditions - 5.100 m
Accomodation and transfers
All swimmers and friends or relatives who want to come to the 4th Sa Dragonera crossing will be offered two kinds of packs. Both are adjustable to everybody’s travel plan and have to be booked sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Pack Transfers + 1 night: includes all the transfers and one night at the Apartaments Villa Real** sharing a room (the night from Saturday to Sunday) .
- Pack Transfers + 2 nights: includes all the transfers and two nights at the Apartaments Villa Real** sharing a room (the nights from Friday to Sunday).
In case you don’t want to share a room, please consult at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swimmers transfers. Swimmers will be transferred to Sa Dragonera by motorboat, parting from the Sant Elm beach from 7.30 am onwards.
- Relatives and friends. The organisation will provide sailboats to all friends and relatives who would like to follow the crossing. The boats too will sail around the beautiful island. They will also part from the Sant Elm beach and start following the swimmers as soon as all of them have parted from Sa Dragonera. They will go back to the Sa Dragonera port before the first swimmer gets there, so everybody will be able to see the arrival of all of them.
- Insurances. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing for the swimmers the day before the crossing, Saturday May 31st, at 7pm, at the Andratx Yacht Club.
- Local information. At the briefing the organisation will also provide information about several activities (cultural visits, excursions to the Sa Dragonera Natural Park and other areas in the neighbourhood) to all the people who would like to spend the weekend there.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service at the start and arrival area.
- Food and drink supplies. The organisation will supply, at specific places, food and drinks during and after the event.
- Security / Medical Service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. There will be a medical service and an ambulance at the Sant Elm beach.
- Closure Lunch. The final event of the weekend will be a lunch prepared by our friend, the Majorcan chef Germán Navas. Last year he prepared us a delicious “fideuà” and this year he will surprise us with a “pica-pica” and a paella. Lunch will be at the Andratx Yacht Club at 3pm.